View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #42 (permalink)
FastJew
Base Member

Drives: 2009/370z/TS/6MT
FastJew is on a distinguished road

I leave for one day and this is what happens?

So if I am sorting through the flaming BS on here effectively here is what I have learned:

1. Z2nv probalby does not own a car or a drivers license

2. RCZ is concerned for my health...thanks for that, but it will take a lot more than some twitching on the highway for me to lose control. Seriously your explanation seems the most likely:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Actually you shouldn't laugh too much at his "Theory" when he way more right than you are. Tires do have a break in period, but this is to achieve peak grip. Even brand new tires will not be sliding around and nervous like he is describing. You completely misread the OP post, what he is experiencing is the difference between brand new, full tread, wider stickier tires and worn out, crappy front tires. There's a big difference between the grip up front and the grip out back, the tread depth, the design of the tire structure and finally the fact that the rear alignment is probably a bit off so the moment he put the new tires on, that aren't worn unevenly, he is feeling the effects. That's going to give the rear a really sort of jittery feeling like it wants to go one way and then the other, almost tracking.

3. cossie1600 thinks I would actually put used tires on my 370

4. It was also good to see that a few other people have experienced the same problem.

The main reason I went with rears only was to pass inspection and try to get a little more life out of the fronts, obviously I didn't think the adverse handling would be this bad with mixed matched tires. I put about 200 miles on the car last weekend and still had the same issue so I don't believe the compound was causing the problem. Was pretty familiar with that from motorcycle tires already.

Long story short I appreciate the feedback and have already put the fronts on order.

I will definately follow up once I get the fronts mounted...