View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #683 (permalink)
JvKintheUSA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Shelby GT500
JvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADmaster71690 View Post
If they add the oil cooler to next year's model they will essentially be admitting that the 2009's are flawed... and thus will likely have to retrofit all the '09s with oil coolers.

Thats why I don't expect to see the 2010 sporting an oil cooler. Though someone else on this forum mentioned a quicker, easier (though less effective) approach to cooling the oil. Something along those lines is what I would expect... not a outright admittance that the Z needs a cooler, but a slight remedy.

For all the owners who do have oil temperature problems, do you think I would be plagued by this up in Michigan? It seems like most of you live in hotter climates (i.e. Texas, Arizona, Florida).
You could be right there. I live in Ohio and had the car for three weeks now and have not experienced any overheating issues. But then I have not driven the car very hard yet. Within the next few weeks I will be going to the dealer to get synthetic oil put in, That should help providing better protection.