View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
KeyboardDevil
Base Member

Drives: 09 Touring black 6sp
KeyboardDevil is on a distinguished road
Cool My "ultimate garage"

I'm still pretty new to this forum, so I haven't been posting my "garage progress" like I have on other forums. If I had this post would have even more impact, but I think you can still appreciate the story:

I've been slowly working on building out my garage by removing the old shelving and work-spaces and replacing them. It's been a 7 year endeavor that never really got a good pace going.

I posted up a few months ago with photos of new shelving, some storage and new florescent drop lighting.

If you saw my last thread my garage was coming along, slowly, and looked like this:

So, my plan was to either purchase or build a new workbench and replace that old, busted make-shift one in it's current location.

That plan didn't really make sense though, as 90% of the work I do is on the bike side of the garage, not the car side, and all of the power outlets are on the inside wall (the one in front of the car and the bike).

Brilliantly, my girlfriend recognized my dilemma, and put a plan into action.

Also, I have a pair of autographed Chip Foose Oakely shoes (let's just say I know the guy who built his website LOL) that I wanted to display out there.

We pulled into the driveway about 10:30 pm last night (Sunday), and there were a bunch of cars in the driveway, the one's belonging to friends Chris, Kelly, Tom, Denni, and Dave so I knew something was up.

At the end of the driveway was this mess:

So I thought, "Oh they replaced my workbench for my birthday. That's awesome!"

Then someone opened the garage...

While I was out of town this weekend with the girlfriend, (unknown to me) she orchestrated an entire redesign, and rebuild of my garage enlisting the help of a bunch of our friends.

She also custom built me a speaker box with a plexi-glass front and speaker trim ring to show off my autographed Chip Foose shoes!

The tear-down and rebuild started the minute we left home on Friday night, and continued all weekend through Sunday evening.

Needless to say, I was (possibly for the first time in my life) speechless.
KeyboardDevil is offline   Reply With Quote