View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #330 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Break in on the Carbonetic 1.5 Way LSD is finally complete! Can't wait to track test it next month.

SPC Performance front upper control arms went on the car this morning as well. The install was a little bit more of a pain in the *** than I had hoped, but could be due to my coilovers. The bolts holding the arms to the body of the car were too long to come out. The hit the spring, so I had to un-do the sway bar end link and top three bolts on the coilover and lower the coilover out of the top mount so I can move it around and get enough clearance to remove/re-install the bolts. Camber adjustment on the SPC arms is a bit crude and not the easiest to adjust because its hard to find the necessary tool that fits up in the crowded wheel well area with enough clearance. Not to mention the bolt is 27mm which is a large size which most don't have in their toolbox. I had to use a 27mm short socket, pivot joint socket attachment and ratchet and get it at just the right angle to be able to loosen/tighten the camber adjustment bolt. There may be a better tool for this job out there somewhere, I just don't have it in my tool box. I just pray that these arms are designed well enough to hold my camber settings under extreme track abuse without slipping. Unless I find the perfect tool to make adjustments easy and they perform flawlessly at the track, I think I will still swap them out for SPL Parts front upper control arms when they are available. I have not dialed in my alignment yet since I am leaving the car up on jack stands until my sway bars get here and I can install those. I probably wont set my alignment until tomorrow but I will probably just set it back to where it was at around -1.5 degrees until I get closer to my next track day the 1st & 2nd of August.

For those who remember, I picked up a rock on the highway a few months ago that cracked my windshield. Since then the crack has gotten pretty huge and I have spent the past few weeks calling every glass shop and manufacturer in the books trying to avoid spending the $1100 that Nissan wants to charge for a factory replacement and install. Good news is, today I found an answer as to when manufacturers plan on making a cheaper aftermarket replacement windshield. Bad news is, its not until 2010 so looks like I am stuck getting raped with an $1100 windshield replacement bill. I pray that this doesn't happen to any of you before 2010. This little setback puts a big strain on my build budget for this car so I may not be getting anything else for the car unless its a sponsorship deal for a while.

Also just registered for my next track event. The Super Lap Qualifier/N.A.S.A. Time Trials event at Auto Club Speedway on August 1st & 2nd. The race is in Fontana (SoCal) so if you can, come by and check it out! Would love to finally meet some of you SoCal 370Z guys.
Function > Form

Last edited by M.Bonanni; 06-30-2009 at 02:53 PM.