View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #217 (permalink)
Push370zzz
Track Member

Drives: cars
Push370zzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLM View Post
Dude, of course the guy with the 1 series and a range rover is the expert on sports cars, didn't ya know. He's the expert. 410 whp with just an ecu tune! Bow down to the expert haha. So asinine.
And the guy with a budget sport coupe is? A sports car it is, but a "pure sports car" it is not. A GT3/GT2 and/or the RS variants, F430, 458 Italia, Viper ACR-X, GT-R, etc... would be a pure sports car in my opinion. What do these all have in common? They aren't $29,000.

The Z can't even last on a race track more than a few laps without putting on an oil cooler and upgraded brake pads! Even my pathetic little girly 1 series lasted for a good 25 minutes on the track with stock everything...and an extra 80 hp meaning additional heat everywhere.

So you tell me, does a "purebred sports car in every sense of the word" not come with adequate cooling and stopping components from the factory? Or does that just mean that Nissan doesn't believe it is, either?

That being said, I still love the 370z. It is a great package for the money, and I'd say the best thing under Cayman S prices if you're looking for an attractive, quick, and reasonably comfortable sports car.