View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuTinmuch View Post
But if they are worse than stock, how is it acceptable for an entry level setup?

I'm not a pro racer. I'll be on a track once or twice a year at best -- but even then, why would I want to make my car worse?

I can't afford KW V3s either, nor can I afford any other good coilover -- but for me, I'd rather just say oh well and move on instead of sabotaging my vehicle.
I'm in the same boat as you. For a professional they very well may be the case. They have so much wheel time and can push a car to it's limits with losing it. I don't go this far for I haven't made it to that level. But from my stand point I fell there better than stock. Especially for what I use the car for. The spring rates a well superior to stock and the adjustable damping they do have may not be the greatest but it works for me. Much firmer which I like. And when combined with my sways, I can drive my car alot harder and corner better than ever compared to stock. But I'm not a professional by no means and I haven't had another setup to compare to besides stock. I'm happy with it for what I do.

So I feel there nothing wrong with the quality of Stance. Everything on my care is balanced between quality and budget minded. I aim for middle of the road and that's what I feel I have. Which is better than stock for me. I have no doubts I personally could run faster lap times with my setup than stock with my level of experience, which is mild.