View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Zat_Zuma
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Touring auto
Zat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Thanks. Agree on the gauge placement. I'm considering pulling the dash to replace the voltage gauge (easily redundant with a radar detector). Pulling the dash takes about 40 steps and requires removing essentially all of the front and center console trim to get to the gauges. Not impossible, just very laborious.

In looking through the steps again, I'm tempted to see if I can reach the four triple meter screws with just the center console trim removed. It wouldn't be easy though and if you can't get the gauges mounted again, you get to take the whole dash apart...
Those 4 screws are not reachable from the center console as the hvac piping is in the way and it's not reachable from below or on the side of the center console (had the entire stereo, cubby, glove box, etc apart) either as once again, the hvac piping is in the way ........ plus if you disconnect the voltage meter from the triple gauge assembly, you get a check engine light. Oh yes, before I forget, if you still want to try, remove the seats and center console to give you more room to work.