View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
bradcc
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW M6
bradcc is on a distinguished road
Default Car stuck on curb ramp with wheels spinning

I've run into this issue a few times already, and it just happened again yesterday. Wondering if anyone else had the same problem..

So yesterday I was trying to pull into a plaza from a street. I was turning right onto the ramped curb. Since the car in front of me stopped, I had to stop with my front wheels on the sidewalk while the rear wheels still on the street. As I tried to start moving again, the car started hopping but wouldn't move at all. I saw the VDC light coming up, and turning VDC off did not help either. I suspect that the right rear wheel might have been jacked up by the other 3 wheels, and the lack of LSD(non-sport pkg) caused all the power to go to that free-spinning wheel. So I had to put the car in reverse, and try to pick up some speed and go through the ramp in one shot.

Anyone ran into this problem before? I was kinda freaked out the first time this happened, the car behind me kept honking as I kept rolling back into him when I tried to move forward. Also, I wonder if this only happens to manual cars. I've driven other auto RWD cars w/o an LSD and never ran into this problem..
bradcc is offline   Reply With Quote