Thread: Top Speed
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #52 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I would honestly question the speedometer then (especially if it's stock because the computer limits you to 155). I've done a lot of math on this (as seen in other threads) about how much power it takes to get to certain speeds based on aerodynamics, weight, rolling resistance, power, etc.

Take a GPS system with you next time to see how fast you're REALLY going, because I really don't think those speedos are that accurate beyond 100MPH.
My Honda VTX1300 is 10% too high, which also means that the odometer rolls 10% too fast, and my gas mileage is 10% better on paper.

My Honda Civic is the same way - there was a class action lawsuit over it, where I could have put in a claim - except it had to be on leases and we bought ours...

Having said that, I don't know what Nissan does - if it's something where all the japan cars are like that or not.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote