View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 03:30 AM   #59 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

I think in a society where technology is contributing more to laziness ... well, in some cases, I still advocate the straight use of a clutch and gearshift. I'd much rather have that tactile pleasure than having a machine do it for me. There also happen to be ... something that my friend told me about, that a drive by wire system, and also an electronically controlled throttle may cause problems and otherwise be a detrimental thing on a performance car. I don't specifically remember why he said it was.

Also, more computers = more chance of sudden catastrophic failure, and possibly, global conquer by computerized artificial intelligence realizing they're better than humans. (I, Robot, anyone?)

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote