View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 02:43 AM   #54 (permalink)
MursePaolo
Base Member

Drives: 98 Integra GS-R
MursePaolo is on a distinguished road

ok, i think we're at a bit of a headbutting here. what i don't understand is why someone who would like to learn how to drive stick and eventually race, would turn that thing on. isn't a big fun part of driving/racing stick is learning how to do things yourself? i mean, it's not rocket science. watch video or learn from someone human, get in car, turn on car, go to a track or wherever, have fun learning. what's the point really? you're still going to have to learn the right times to brake and downshift. might as well throw in rev-matching in there too. it SERIOUSLY doesn't take that long to learn how to rev-match. sure as hell shouldn't take enough time to have to learn it from SRM. you can learn how to match going under 35mph during daily driving. how the hell can you lose control learning that way? gotta have some terrible coordination to do that. also, there's nothing really wrong with leaning on technology. what i'm saying is, if someone who's new learns on the new tech and knows it's there to save his ***, it'll be harder to learn the old ways! this is precisely why so many people don't know how to pump brakes without ABS. it's not that ABS is bad, it's just there. get my drift?

if i'm seriously the only one that thinks like this, then never mind. i guess it's just a personal gripe. still want the Z with or without SRM/sport package.
MursePaolo is offline   Reply With Quote