Thread: Project Z
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #58 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaam View Post
Bodywork is too much as we usually do have closed garages as you guys just parking bays. And then it's really really HOT. The max I have gone in past in ripping my EVO/G interior and audio install with the car AC on lol
I understand that =)

Here is a copy paste of my fender application from the thread, i just dont want to clutter it up with my build process so Im going to bring it here and finish it.

Ok here are some early photos. I have only had about 3 hours to work on this so far so I don't want to go into to much detail. The quality of the CF is excellent, the fitment is giving me some issues, but nothing that can not be easily fixed. Also remember I have never done any body work like this before so it could be allot simpler than I am finding for someone else.

If you are looking straight at the fender the top right is sticking out about a 1/4 inch from the door. I found that the top screw bracket behind the door may be a little to thick from the mold so I just need to sand it down to fix this issue.

The gap in the hood to the fender is good, the height just needs to be adjusted (also easy) near the headlights it starts to get high.

The gap between the door and rear of the fender is also good.

This is just a straight on shot.

Come Sunday I will be able to make some good progress on the fenders but until then my work hours are holding me back.
Overall I am impressed by the fenders they just need some finesse as with any body work to line up perfectly.

Thanks Andrew!
Mr&Mrs is offline   Reply With Quote