Thread: New Member :)
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
BoricuaZ
Base Member

Drives: 06 Scion tC-RIP
BoricuaZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jginnane View Post
You're lucky to be in Atlanta, then. When I was searching for my pearl & persimmon, I had to go a few hundred miles south to find the brighter colors, via nissanusa.com.

You listed the 3 colors in order exactly the same as this website's popularity polling goes. PG is excellent, and relatively invisible to police. White is bolder but in a classic way -- it draws attention but doesn't blind the eye. And the blue has grown on me (since I got pearl white), because people are just going to be staring at your car anyhow.

So ... I would suggest you select a BRIGHT RED NISMO Z, loaded with all the stuff you don't want, and then let your father (cosigner) "talk you down" to a more reasonable one ... that you've already set up ahead of time with your salesperson. That way, Dad's happy, you're happy ... and welcome to the club!
The last part of your post made me chuckle. My dad was trying to talk me into getting a used Bimmer earlier today actually (07 3-series). No offense to Bimmer owners out there, but I am just not interested!! I had my eye on the G37 for a while, but the more and more I look at the 370Z the less exciting the G37 seems to me. I think that's what I love about the Z's... EXCITEMENT! Fun to drive and look at!

Speaking of excitement [and stress], the insurance adjustor called me today and offered me 12,500 for my Scion tC. Almost every comp in the area is 13-14k MT with similar mileage and NONE have leather. I am ready to play hardball. I faxed her an eloquently written demand letter as well as 13 pages of comps proving that the market value of my tC was at least 14,500 but I will do them a favor and settle for 14,200. (minimum I'd take is 14k). TC was almost paid off and I want to put a big FAT down payment on my 370. I am supposed to hear back tomorrow.

I really want to get over this insurance crapola and get my Z already!!
BoricuaZ is offline   Reply With Quote