View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #680 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nissan Oil Cooler Participation Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyz10 View Post
Guys I was invited by Nissan to participate in one on one interview with regards to my z. They are aware of the oil temp issues that's going around our forum. They said there is a factory oil cooler already available for around 400 bucks and installation is I think about 400 bucks also. They said if you don't track the z then you absolutely don't need to get this oil cooler but if you do track it then you should get it. That's from Nissan. End of story. It's your choice if you track or not . Period. Stop debating, there is no sense. You Ytack you get an oil coller, you don't track don't.
Which department/devision from Nissan (i.e. Nissan USA or Nissan Motorsports) inquiried about your 370Z oil temperature issues?

When I drove home from purchasing my 370Z from the Nissan dealership my oil temp increased to 240 degrees in a 35 mile commute. Outside temps varied from 89 - 93 degrees that day. Since then, my 370Z oil temperature during daily driving commute max's out around 220-230 degrees with the outside temperature between 87 - 93 degrees. One would think that living in Florida should be a testbed for oil temps/water temperature issues.

In order for Nissan to receive feedback on the 370Z oil temperature issue; I suggest logging your 370Z commutes by:
  • Daily distance traveled
  • Daily Outside temperature
  • 370Z Water temperature
  • 370Z Oil temperature
  • Average Speed of daily commute
  • Maximum speed/distance during maximum oil temperature of daily commute
  • Minimum speed/distance during minimum oil temperature of daily commute
  • Time(how long) duration of the maximum oil temperature
  • Current odometer reading of 370Z
  • Manufacture date

Anyone from Nissan is welcome to add to the bulleted list.