View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
freaky370Z
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z GunM M6
freaky370Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanx1 View Post
Umm good points, here is my buying experience. I bought mine off season last November in CT. I found the process to be extremely funny and easy. I let the dealer know from the getgo that he wasn't the only one selling those cars and that it was a leisure car so there wasn't any rush for me to get it if I didn't get it at the desired price. My money, my choice Negotiations took an entire day.

Salesman & manager tried about every tactic in the book to no avail:
  • They played the waiting game - I didn't call them back till 2 hours after their 3rd call.
  • They tried sneaking 2K of additional fees in Purchase Order in 3 different emails - Told them not to bother calling if numbers weren't what I wanted, as simple as that.
  • They tried the "They only make 500 of these and you may not get another brand new one for a long time" - I simply told let them know that I could still get one of the other 499 Nismo Nissan made in 2010 and would also have access to one of the next 500 Nismo for 2011 elsewhere
  • Sales manager lied about a customer offering to pay more than me but that since I called first, he wanted to give me priority - I simply told him that it would make perfect business sense to sell to the one offering the highest amount and that I was happy for the other customer.
They called an hour later saying the car is yours; flew in the same day to pick the new "coche" No dealer fees, no any other fees associated with transaction and I got the car at a pricing lower than anticipated, DUH WINNING
Good information on how to stand your ground. These dealers thrive on the fact that you want to drive these sweet rides off the lot. You are 100% on the ball when you say that there are 499 other Nismos out there etc.

Good info
freaky370Z is offline   Reply With Quote