View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #60 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4thelaw View Post
Both those cars were fast in a straight line but as far as handling, the Z is completely in an whole other class. Both the Vette and the Trans Am drove like boats in comparison! Raw torque is the only thing these cars have on the Z.
Who said anything about handling?

If we're going to argue that, I have my rebuttal, of course. The F-Bodies certainly were straight line cars. They handle like crap without a lot of work. My T/A wasn't all that great for turning at all. Still better than Mustangs by far, but no canyon car!

However, the C5 Corvettes (especially the Z06) handle way better than the Z in my opinion. I really don't believe you had a C5 Corvette. You may have had a Corvette, but it wasn't a 97 or newer if yours didn't handle well. The C4 Vettes handled OK, but I'd agree the Zs handle better. But the C5's were meant to be tracked straight from the factory. The handling and braking on the Z06 was top-notch. The C6 Z06 has even better handling and is arguably one of the best track cars in production.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....ber=1&preview= <-- Better skidpad results from the first generation c5 z06. Bests the 370z.
http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevr...orvette_C5_Z06 <-- 1.03G on the skid-pad.

Last edited by Crash; 06-29-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote