View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
jmlenz
Track Member

Drives: a car
jmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond reputejmlenz has a reputation beyond repute

Based on the feedback of many other members here with aftermarket wheel/suspension and/or spacer setups I would say you should have no issues with your intended setup. Since you say you are not lowering that def makes it easier to run a wider spacer too. Some aftermarket wheel 370z-specific fitments push the wheels out over 30mm from stock so yes running a 20/25mm spacers should be no prob.

and for the question regarding the spacers...I would always recommend going with spacer type that replaces the factory wheels studs and does NOT use the built in stud types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoesFlyDennis View Post
So, final question for jmlenz and Minicobra1: Can you say for sure, from your experience that there is no chance of tire to fender contact with 25mm wheel spacers on the rear and 20mm in the front? I'm now talking to Lou to place an order and just want to be sure. I don't want to put 15mm front and 20mm rear only to say afterward, "Man, I could have gone wider for an even cooler look". Put another way, Minicobra1, now that you have 20mm rear and 15mm front, do you wish you had gone up one more size? I know you also lowered your Z. I probably won't be lowering mine. I don't think that loweing these cars would provide any more cleanance; do you think it does? Did you have to modify the plastic inner fender well liner to clear the tires during full-up-travel or trim the 'sandwiched' seam on the rear inner fenders? Thank you guys for sharing all your experience. - With insight gained from some of the threads in the audio forum, I'm installing a complete DVD/Nav/Blu-tooth/backup-camera, speakers, sub and amp next week. You guys are now helping me make the best choice for this next mod. FoesFlyDennis
jmlenz is offline   Reply With Quote