View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 11:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
birdmanx1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Nismo
birdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to birdmanx1

Umm good points, here is my buying experience. I bought mine off season last November in CT. I found the process to be extremely funny and easy. I let the dealer know from the getgo that he wasn't the only one selling those cars and that it was a leisure car so there wasn't any rush for me to get it if I didn't get it at the desired price. My money, my choice Negotiations took an entire day.

Salesman & manager tried about every tactic in the book to no avail:
  • They played the waiting game - I didn't call them back till 2 hours after their 3rd call.
  • They tried sneaking 2K of additional fees in Purchase Order in 3 different emails - Told them not to bother calling if numbers weren't what I wanted, as simple as that.
  • They tried the "They only make 500 of these and you may not get another brand new one for a long time" - I simply told let them know that I could still get one of the other 499 Nismo Nissan made in 2010 and would also have access to one of the next 500 Nismo for 2011 elsewhere
  • Sales manager lied about a customer offering to pay more than me but that since I called first, he wanted to give me priority - I simply told him that it would make perfect business sense to sell to the one offering the highest amount and that I was happy for the other customer.
They called an hour later saying the car is yours; flew in the same day to pick the new "coche" No dealer fees, no any other fees associated with transaction and I got the car at a pricing lower than anticipated, DUH WINNING
370Z NISMO #0462 | ClearBra | 3M tint | Head/Taillights | Dynamat | Black Roof | Tommy Kaira HB | CF Parts | Berk HFCs | FI SS | NST Pulleys | Takeda aFe | K&N | H&R Spacers | Swift Spec R | SPC F&R | Zuperman M370
Nismo Vid | Nismo Journal | Nismo Rumble
birdmanx1 is offline   Reply With Quote