View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
MyZ4U2C
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th Z #51, 15 FozXT
MyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond repute

Well that is for a 2010, Wont be able to get that low on a 11...but I'm open to the idea of a 10 and may just wait till the end of the year while I save a bit more and maybe land a good deal towards then. I read that dealers don't want to carry the vehicle over into the new year with taxes, So they are more inclined to deal. I got one dealer who ripped back at me on a e-mail...I suppose I should share it, in it he actually gives a idea of the invoice price, but all the while trying to give me the run-a-round...here it is

MyZ4U2C,
Sorry this is a little long, but I didn't want to miss any of your points.
How exactly is it that you would qualify for VPP D-Plan if you work for ( my company )? By the way, VPP D-Plan, is actually about $100-$200 ABOVE INVOICE depending on the car.

I'm not sure why you would think Nissan would incentivize something that is low in supply? Supply and Demand? Supply goes down, Demand goes up, Prices go up. Not down. i.e. oil, veggies, etc.

I had no idea that you were looking for one with a Sports Package? A Sports Package Base 370 Z has an MSRP of about $34,700. It "MIGHT" have about $3000 in markup and about $800 in dealer holdback (which no consumer has any right to) Thus making the invoice price around $31,000. You are completely off base thinking that you have any shot at getting anywhere near even $28,000 out the door. Sales tax is 6.5%, that alone on this car would be almost $2000 not even taking into consideration lic, reg, doc fee etc. which would be about another $500. So basically the sale price would need to be about $25,500 to get there. If invoice is around $31,000, why would we lose over $5000 to sell you a car. Do the math, if invoice is $31K and holdback is $900, the dealership owns that car for $30,100. I understand that some people like to downplay what they may have or haven't paid for their cars. But it's just that. Hey, I could be wrong though I guess, this is only what I do for a living.

I honestly think that it's funny that people still think there are such things as "Fake Invoices" or $10,000 in markup on cars. It is what it is. If you choose to ignore my honesty with you, that's fine with me, I won't be the one chasing a phantom price. What are you going to do after you go through every single Nissan Dealer and they all tell you the exact same thing I'm telling you now? (All Nissan Dealers pay the exact amount for every car, so another dealer wouldn't have bought one from Nissan at a lower amount)

Trust me, if it were possible, I would make it happen. I don't get paid to shoot off these e-mails or to entertain offers all day. I only get paid once a deal is done and the car is sold.
I'm simply spending all this time sending you this e-mail because it truly bothers me to no end when someone calls me a liar or doesn't believe what I'm saying simply because of what they've heard from people that don't do what I do for a living either. It takes professionals like myself to give you accurate information. That's why you can't buy a car from a vending machine. Just like your home, your boat, RV, stocks, or any other "big ticket" item you might buy in your lifetime.

I realize that I probably won't be selling you a car at this point. However, if I can help educate you about the truth, then less people will be affected by inacurate information like this. Thus making my job a whole lot easier in the future.

Thanks,

-------------------

So as you can see he isn't to happy with me, All I did was send a original e-mail with my intentions of price, I low balled him with a base offer of $25,000 to counter there asking offer of $34,000 base model. He basically responded what makes you think you can get a car for $25,000? I replied with information from American Express car buying program that lists the base a little over $28,000 and that I was in no hurry to buy and that the cars are not selling that well, using there tactics; ie: you need to buy now! I don't think I will get a car as low as I am asking, but I' was just testing the waters to see how it plays out, never bought a new car myself, Just thought I would share the crazy response lol, and I did give you some Rep!