View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Caravanshaka
I shake Caravans

Drives: everyone crazy
Caravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjanik View Post
at 8500mcd, they shouldnt be too bright as to blind people or bother people. They put out about 20lm max which is decent enough.

if anyone wanted to copy the Audi's, you'd need upwards of 75 or more lumens. thats when you have to splurge (about 7 bucks a pop) and buy something like these:
Luxeon K2-TFFC LED - Cool White Lambertian, 160 lm @ 1000mA [LXK2-PWC4-0160]

The nice thing about the LED i just posted, is the temperature is good for up to 135 degree's Celsius.

Awesome write up. I was waiting for someone else to do this writeup before I went into baking the headlamps. thats the part im scared of. Cant wait to get my car and do this!
I'd be scared of doing any brighter than what I used with the way our headlights are angled. It's impossible to get the LED's in the dimples and still have them facing somewhat downward like the headlights are. I believe the Audi's are facing downward to avoid blinding oncoming traffic, which we won't be able to do.

These are bright enough to be noticed during full texas sun, which is definitely bright enough for me
Caravanshaka is offline   Reply With Quote