View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
SiXK
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z / 91 300ZXTT
SiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond repute

I have noticed orange peel on my car, but you have to look close to see it. I was looking at my friends brand new black Audi A5, and it has way more orange peel and its quite noticeable. I wonder if most car companies are either going cheap or if some govt regulations are forcing them to use different paint. We had our house painted 5 years ago and when we went to get the paint matched for some touch up work the guy at the paint place said it would be hard to match because govt regulations have changed how they make the paint. The guy started ripping the govt and when I told him i hate obama he got happy and said he would work with the paint until he got it matched perfectly. took him about 30 minutes.

I know NOTHING about paint so I am just passing this story along, not verifying it.