View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinps View Post
It is true that the Continental DW does not come in a 225/50/18 for the front but it does come in a 235/50/18 and I seriously doubt there would be any harm done by moving to that size.

Call the folks at Tirerack or Discount Tire Direct and see what they have to say though.

As for me, I will be going to this very tire and probably moving to 235 in front and 255 in back (one size up from current). The rims are MORE than wide enough and in fact, the rears are about as wide as you should go for only a 245 tire that is on there now.
simple.

stock wheel/tire sizes:
225/50/18 (18x8.0")
245/45/18 (18x9.0")

new tire sizes:
245/45/18 - front
245/45/18 - rear

having staggered tires/wheels doesnt really do much. changing the tire size also WILL NOT disturb the computer in anyway. also...by going with a 245/45 in the front, you will keep almost the same exact tire ratio as 225/50 for the speedometer
chops is offline   Reply With Quote