View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Econ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Fiat?
Econ is a jewel in the roughEcon is a jewel in the roughEcon is a jewel in the roughEcon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrouz View Post
I disagree. These owners probably already has a couple exotic/vintage ferraris, porches, and lamborghinis. If not, they could easily swing one while out shopping for the day.

No one would buy a $2m car if they only had a $2m budget for cars. I could buy an SLR. But that would take all my budget away. Instead I have my 370z, a rover, and a couple bikes. Possibly another car to come. Whereas '82 Civic owners may be saying when they see my 370z, saying that with that money, they'd rather buy a versa for DD, a used S2K for weekend fun, and a bike for canyon carving.

For multi-multi-multi millionnaires, you can still take the rationale above, but raise the tier of cars all the way to having a Veyron being just one of the 10+ cars they own.

It's all relative.

althought the majority of bugatti owners I'm sure are worth hundreds of millions, I know for a fact a few rappers own them (chris brown being one), and I looked up their net worths (dont quote me on accuracy) and all of them are worth sub $30mm

30 million can be eaten up fast when you spend 2m on ONE car, and add in all other lavish expenses.
Econ is offline   Reply With Quote