View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Nitrouz
Track Member

Drives: 40th Z, GTR, 420z-tt
Nitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.SLOW6MT View Post
While this is somewhat true, it's still ridiculous. Even if I had that kind of money, I wouldn't be buying a Veyron. I'd rather have a GT2, ZR1, F430, and an Enzo with money left over. I'd bet the maintenance per year on all 4 cars combined wouldn't total $300,000. While you could argue the actual road time on each of these 4 cars would be dramatically reduced (since there's 4 instead of 1), I think it's a worthy comparison.
I disagree. These owners probably already has a couple exotic/vintage ferraris, porches, and lamborghinis. If not, they could easily swing one while out shopping for the day.

No one would buy a $2m car if they only had a $2m budget for cars. I could buy an SLR. But that would take all my budget away. Instead I have my 370z, a rover, and a couple bikes. Possibly another car to come. Whereas '82 Civic owners may be saying when they see my 370z, saying that with that money, they'd rather buy a versa for DD, a used S2K for weekend fun, and a bike for canyon carving.

For multi-multi-multi millionnaires, you can still take the rationale above, but raise the tier of cars all the way to having a Veyron being just one of the 10+ cars they own.

It's all relative.

Last edited by Nitrouz; 03-30-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Nitrouz is offline   Reply With Quote