View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
darrinps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Roadster
darrinps is on a distinguished road

It is true that the Continental DW does not come in a 225/50/18 for the front but it does come in a 235/50/18 and I seriously doubt there would be any harm done by moving to that size.

Call the folks at Tirerack or Discount Tire Direct and see what they have to say though.

As for me, I will be going to this very tire and probably moving to 235 in front and 255 in back (one size up from current). The rims are MORE than wide enough and in fact, the rears are about as wide as you should go for only a 245 tire that is on there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijou View Post
Hello,

Need help. I want to change tires on my 2011 base model. The Yokohama sport tires are a bit on the noisy side. Tire rack suggested the Yokohama Envigors but the reviews for quietest and comfortable ride go to Continental DW. I called a tire place that installs in my city and he said that the Continentals are only for the back tires. He said the cars computer system may get messed up if you change the tire size that isn't standard with the cars system. Am I wasting my money by changing the tires?
darrinps is offline   Reply With Quote