View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
3.SLOW6MT
Base Member

Drives: 06 Accord 6-6
3.SLOW6MT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
True, but it really isn't that bad.

It's all about your perspective. To me, throwing away 1/2 of a hamburger if I feel full/don't like it/whatever is no big deal. Go to a 3rd world country and do that and you might be treated to a ringside seat to a fight to the death over that food.

Veyron owners are most likely similar. That $300K is just incidental.
While this is somewhat true, it's still ridiculous. Even if I had that kind of money, I wouldn't be buying a Veyron. I'd rather have a GT2, ZR1, F430, and an Enzo with money left over. I'd bet the maintenance per year on all 4 cars combined wouldn't total $300,000. While you could argue the actual road time on each of these 4 cars would be dramatically reduced (since there's 4 instead of 1), I think it's a worthy comparison.

You are right, it is a status symbol. However, it's hardly an investment. Predominantly, when you invest in anything, you usually expect to see a return on what $$ you put into the initial investment. In this example, all I see is pockets being emptied at first glance, and then even more so as time goes on; not to mention depreciation.

If I saw one on the road I'd be forced to while forcing my fingers to curl in such a way as to . But what I really mean is and .
3.SLOW6MT is offline   Reply With Quote