View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 01:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
alexanderb
Base Member

Drives: PG 370 Tour/Sprt/Nav
alexanderb has a reputation beyond reputealexanderb has a reputation beyond reputealexanderb has a reputation beyond reputealexanderb has a reputation beyond reputealexanderb has a reputation beyond reputealexanderb has a reputation beyond reputealexanderb has a reputation beyond reputealexanderb has a reputation beyond reputealexanderb has a reputation beyond reputealexanderb has a reputation beyond reputealexanderb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mrarroyo! Very detailed! Much appreciated. Rep point awarded!

Eventually all the oil will just drop down to the oil pan leaving the entire engine unlubricated(if there is such a word...hehe) right? Isn't that bad for the engine? I'm starting to get the idea that starting the car once a week and probably a drive around the block would be a better idea?

But, considering the the car still has not broken in yet would idling it be bad for 5-10 mins every week? And driving it around the block at low rpms would also be bad wouldn't it? As I understand breaking in the car the speeds must vary for the seals to sit properly?

I'm really not very knowledgeable on things like this so your inputs would be greatly appreciated.
alexanderb is offline   Reply With Quote