View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
Problem is most racing scrubs are not worth it at this point with shops charging $20-30 for mounting. Back when I was running RA1s, they were $60 a pop and it would last six months to almost a full year. Now the A6s, R6s, V710s, R888 last no more than two months before you have to get replacement, it's crazy. I know Toyo re-released the RA1, but someone had said those are actually based on the R888 compound. If that is the case, I refuse to get them as the R888 is one of the worst tire I have owned.
I get my race tires mounted for 10 bucks each if I bring them in loose which helps a lot.

The new RA-1 has the same basic specs as the R888 so I wouldn't be surprised that they are the same compound. I prefer the Nitto NT01 over the RA-1 and the R888 in the dry, but they can't be street driven as they are noisy as heck.