View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #294 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Update on whether non OEM struts will work with Swift Springs: I spoke to Billy at KamiSpeed and he said swapping out the OEM shocks to another brand (for one example: the Koni yellows) will still work well with the Swift Spec-R springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post
Reading here and on Swift's website about other leading brands and the improper stroking. Any confirmation from Swift as to who the other leading brands are? Was Eibach one of them?

Been sporting the Eibachs for some time now....but...these sound great and if Eibach is one of the "other leading brands" that do not have their spring set up for proper stroking then I might change over to Swift.

The Swifts sound like they are tuned for the OEM struts. What other struts would these pair up with and have the same performance? Maybe Koni's? Heck for that matter I am not sure what Nissan went with this time around for an OEM strut on the 370z. They went with a mfg spec'd Tokeko for the 350Z. As most of us are into modding and more likely to replace a worn out part with an aftermarket part versus OEM for the mere fact that in most cases aftermarket is always better than OEM.
Quote:
I was thinking along those same lines. So I can now say I have sported both major brands. H&R on the 350Z and now Eibach on the 370Z.

Can anyone (or maybe Swift themself) chime in on the second question posted above regarding which other brand struts can be paired up with the Swift springs? With the same results or an improvemnt over OEM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
Well, the only struts they could possibly be paired with are the OEM and Nismo shocks, both of which have been reviewed and I have seen nothing but positive comments. I love mine in everyway, worth every penny!.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedworks View Post
I would just call Swift, they will give you the best answer.
Quote:
christian370z & speedworks, thanks for your responses and advise. Since then I have read the entire FAQ section on Swift's website and the other earlier thread on the forum (up to page 6 so far) and have come to the conclusion that I will stick with the OEM struts since most of their R&D is based around the tuning the spring to work in conjuction with OEM strut. This post with an email from Swift sold me on their product (well along with the info on their website).

From Swifts website under the FAQ section: Swift Springs USA "You won’t have to change out your shocks (unless if you want to) to compensate with our Sport springs. It is truly a plug and play part for your performance vehicle".

Here is the post from the other thread. SWIFT Springs in Production

Sold!

Anyone want to buy two sets of really good performing Eibachs. Will be up for sale once I have the Swifts installed on both Z's. I will be letting them go for a really low price to recoup the cost of Swifts.

Christian, the stance looks great!

Last edited by ZForce; 03-28-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Moved update to the top of post
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote