View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by samb03 View Post
I bought a set of CDT 642's off another forum's classified section and had the amps (mb quart dsc2150 600rms for the sub Avionixx 440.4 220rmsX2 for mids) and sub (Image dynamics Q12) from another project. The box is from zenclosures. I don't have pics but I mounted the tweets in the door panels behind the silver open handle (can't think of the proper term kinda tired and home from the bar). I deadened the doors and trunk with RAAMMAT and their self adhesive foam. I hadn't changed out the HU so I extended the factory speaker wires to the crossovers just to get an idea of how it would sound and for tweeter placement. I am going change out the HU for my old Pioneer Premier p860mp. If the PICO fuse is blown I am looking at swapping over to a double din.
I know that for the 3 way component I should have mounted them all in the door but I am not an audiophile. I kinda like the feeling of being enveloped by the music not just having it infront of me. I went for the easier install. To me is still sounded good. I hope it still pleases me when I get all the amps and speakers hooked up. Hoping to get it done tomorrow.
You said what I was going to say. You could of fiberglassed them in your a pillar or the kick panels sound would of been way better. The way you have it your sound is not coming from one area. To each their own enjoy!
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote