Thread: The "Boss"
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #139 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I agree that they don't wring the cars out like others, BUT, the same driver drove each car on the same day. I know you can argue that you don't like the source, but it's as controlled as you will get. Maybe each car had another 2 seconds in it, but I doubt that the boss had more time left in it than the more powerful GT500. If anything, I would think the GT500 would have been harder to use given the crappy differential and excessive power/tire combo. Yet he was faster in it.

What train of logic are you following that is supportive of the man extracting less total potential from the BOSS than from the GT500?

I'm not arguing that these are the best times capable, but only about how they compare to each other.
It is easier to drive the more powerful car faster. You stomp on the gas, you stomp on the brakes and you go around the corners at the speed you are comfortable with. The lower horsepower car requires a higher level of commitment in the corners as that is the only place it is going to make up time. Horsepower always wins unless you drive like your pants are on fire.