Thread: The "Boss"
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #138 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I never saw the GT-R test.

Either way, I have never held them to a high standard for performance reporting. My thought was always if I'm looking for a "normal" car their information would be pretty useful.
I agree that they don't wring the cars out like others, BUT, the same driver drove each car on the same day. I know you can argue that you don't like the source, but it's as controlled as you will get. Maybe each car had another 2 seconds in it, but I doubt that the boss had more time left in it than the more powerful GT500. If anything, I would think the GT500 would have been harder to use given the crappy differential and excessive power/tire combo. Yet he was faster in it.

What train of logic are you following that is supportive of the man extracting less total potential from the BOSS than from the GT500?

I'm not arguing that these are the best times capable, but only about how they compare to each other.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote