View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #44 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmyride View Post
Honestly I'm sticking with Mobil 1.

I did tons of research and found out that Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette put M1 on all their cars. A bunch of other performance cars too. I called the local dealerships and asked the service managers, they all said M1.

Redline is cool, but it's no better than M1. Redlines marketing team's done a good job of marketing their oil as premium oil, but auto manufacturers don't buy it.

If you talk to hardcore Redline believers, they're all going to swear by Redline no matter what. If someone already firmly believes in Redline, they will find flaws in M1 so they can prove that Redline is better. So i'm not here to convince anybody to switch to M1.

Redline is more expensive, but it is no better than M1. All the people I've talked to, they all said the same thing, you can't go wrong with M1.

I'm going to stick with M1. I can't argue with what auto manufacturers suggest.
Lol - yes Mobil 1 is a good oil but putting it in Lambos, etc is a gigantic part of the marketing effort! Your example is the exact reason Mobil sells the oil to these guys at a hugely reduced cost because they make the profit from people buying it at retail prices because it's used in a Corvette....

Its as simple as this - change your oil and filter regularly with an approved oil and you've got 95% of your bases covered.... if you want to find out about the other 5% you need to research the chemical and physical properties as well as the conditions the oil is used in - not what car uses it..... that's not research that's being a consumer lead by advertisement....