Thread: HKS Oil Cooler
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jose Aliling
Enthusiast Member

Drives: tricycle
Jose Aliling is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jose Aliling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Power View Post
Z1 Motorsports 370Z Oil Cooler Kit

Introducing the Z1 Motorsports 370Z Oil Cooler Kit *Customizable*

Check out the link above. My oil cooler install was done by Titan Works in Santolan / Mariposa area. I think the midsize Setrab oil cooler should suffice.

IF I'm not mistaken, the Nismo 370Z front bumper makes it more difficult to install a single oil cooler(?), at least, this was the case for a friend's white Nismo (see link below, contact him for details). He ended up installing a twin oil cooler setup (2 small oil coolers) and spending around 100k or so. He got his oil cooler stuff from Emperor so it's all branded HKS (read: expensive).

My install cost me less than 20k peso and has worked pretty well. I just got the B&M oil cooler (Welcome to B&M Racing & Performance Products!) and an OBX thermostatic sandwich plate from a friend and Titan fabricated my oil cooler mount and customized the length of my oil cooler lines. (see thumbnails above). If you're the type who doesn't want to get caught dead with unheard of stuff locally (baka pagtawanan ka), then perhaps spending megabucks for a HKS setup might be for you. In my case, I just KNOW these big brand tuners merely buy oem stuff then rebrand it as their own and package them nicely. I didn't want to pay for marketing and a nice box.

What is crucial in an oil cooler install is to inspect for leaks. Doesn't matter whether you have oil lines made of gold if they happen to spring a leak.

Esprit Wing and Varis Airduct on White Nismo
I checked the Z1 website even before you posted the link.Planning to order here and bring it back with me when I get back but I hesitated since I think installation is a problem I'm not sure where to bring my car for install.But since you have one already I guess all I need is to wait for my delivery
thanks man.I'll maybe bring my car to titan or autotechnika once I get back.By the way did you get the setrab oil cooler at titan?

Last edited by Jose Aliling; 03-27-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Jose Aliling is offline   Reply With Quote