View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
tbonesteak
Track Member

Drives: MY09 MB 6MT
tbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know for the Zs but same physics apply to all cars. Best thing for the car is to be driven once a week, once a month is even ok. Even if it's around the block a few times with proper warm up. If you're not able to do that, fill up your gas tank to prevent oxidization. Do NOT leave the car on jackstands. This is a complete myth. You need to have your suspension compressed. However, because your tire is under load in one area at all times, it will begin forming a "spot" or will "bubble up" if you will. You want to keep the tires on something soft, like some kind of a fluffy mat or something to that nature. Leave your windows open just a tiny bit. Make sure it's inside the garage. Cover all possible entry holes for the bugs or rats to get in. I would cover the intake hole and any other hole that can possibly create an entrance to the car's internal components. Like i said earlier, try to have someone drive it even if it's once a month. Hope this helps.

Last edited by tbonesteak; 06-28-2009 at 12:11 PM.
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote