View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #45 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I was holding my breath. I have VERY poor eye sight though. I don't wear glasses or anything, so seeing the target at 50yrds was a slight issue. But I don't shoot all that often. Again, I don't own a gun. But considering this was my first time shooting this gun and I was using that stupid "W" style iron sight, I think I did rather well.

At least you were hitting the target. But as was previously said you may be having one or more problems such as breathing, inconsistent trigger pull, bad stance, recoil reaction or anticipation.

You really do however want to work on at first at least grouping the shots somewhere on the target and then you want to to eventually move that group to either the center of the target OR placing the group at will to one area on the target...it doesn't necessarily have to be the center as long as you are choosing the single area to place the group at.

One thing I would do to get yourself grouping is to begin by sighting the rifle with the target placed at 25 feet. Work on a proper and consistent stance, trigger pull and breathing. As you start to develop target groupings then begin moving the target out from you using 25 foot incremenets and adjust the rifle sights to compensate accordingly. Keep developing the groups. If you start to scatter then stay at that target distance until you figure out what it is you are doing wrong. As you progress just keep moving the target out at 25 foot increments until you reach the final desired distince you wish to have the rifle sighted for.

Another thing you can do to improve the grouping is to progressively reduce the size of your grouping POINT down until you are just shooting a at a single 1/2" size diameter DOT you place or mark somewhere onto a target. However, I would not do this particular exercise until you are making at least a 2" to 2.5" grouping going somewhere on the entire target while doing the 25 foot progressive incemented thing I previously described above.

These are exercises I use to improve both my rifle and handgun accurancy that I learned when I was shooting nationals in bow & arrow.

Last edited by ZKindaGuy; 06-28-2009 at 02:30 PM.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote