View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
christian370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z/Saab 900se
christian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Yes, one pass. And your results drop substantially with every pass you make. Eventually, you'll come to point where you will not see any positive results and then you'll be forced to pick up a product that will actually do something. Who wants to make 100 passes with a OTC product when a professional product can get you there in 10?
1 pass means working the product until it is completely broken down, I don't think it would take another 100 passes to remove the deeper defects judging from the results in my picture.

Quote:
Marketing ploy? Really? Millions of Americans have lost their jobs to cheap, overseas labor, a situation that Adam Pitale is very passionate about. To call it a marketing ploys demonstrates how much you know about the man and his loyalty to the American worker.
It is called competition. This is a global economy and the advantage in labor, production, and manufacturing goes to those who offer a competitive advantage.

Quote:
I would LOVE for you to produce proof of that claim! That I want to see!
This would be the Chinese manufacturer:

clay bar,car maintenance, detailing clay,car care products - AMS-C21-01 (China Manufacturer) - Auto Maintenance - Car Accessories Products -

This would be Clay Magic:

Clay Magic Detailing Clay Cleans the Surface of your Car

Quote:
I have found that the best microfiber on the market today comes from Korea. That stuff out of Chin is no where near the same class. I have experienced first hand how brutal China made microfiber is to today's finishes.
I find the quality indistiguishable between the higher quality Chinese microfiber, my Pakshak MFs (regarded as one of the best Korean MFs available), and *gasp*, my Adams edgeless and single soft MFs. I would like you to show me an example of how "brutal" chinese microfibers are from a mainstream reputable brand. An example such as Costco/Walmart/Autozone etc MFs do not count.

Quote:
Again, we're talking detailing products, not computers (which happens to be my area of expertise).
I didn't see you specifically referencing detailing products, only Chinese products in general so I responded accordingly.

Quote:
I never said all Chinese products were not up to par, I said their detailing products Are not up to par. That I can easily prove. I think that your 10 years in China have skewed your perception of quality. I can pick up something that was made in America and then switched to China and there is a distinctive difference with those to items.

You can have your China products but I will choose to stick with American made when I can. Who knows, it may be my own job that I'm saving.
Don't insult me. I have been buying detailing products for years from every company from Meguiar's to Zymol to Menzerna to Adams to Mothers to Optimum to Cquartz, not to mention every other product a regular consumer purchases both in the US and across the world. I don't know know if you remember where the US came from, but our manufacturing abilities 50 short years ago were not all that dissimilar to China's current state.

Keeping jobs in the US is vital, no doubt about it. However, if an American job was lost to an overseas country, what would you be mad about? Maybe that they are willing to do the same job for less? Maybe all the labor unions that demand pay and benefits that are far above the industry average present too much cost to a company? I am an American, but this sense of entitlement is really going to hurt in the long run. Obviously, there are many factors in this complex topic. But if you don't want jobs shipped out, you have to step up your game to become more competitive and present a better deal to the company. Jobs are a privilege, not a right.

As a disclaimer, I love to see jobs stay within the US but again, you cannot make blanket statements with the sole purpose of dismissing international products and elevating American made products. And you are on detailingworld, you should be seeing how the European/Asian nano technologies are producing detailing products that are far superior in performance to many traditional detailing products.
SP Rays -- RE-11s -- SpecialtyZ Tune -- Swift Springs -- Stillen 25R Oil Cooler -- Stillen G3 Intakes -- Berk HFCs -- F.I. 12" CBE -- Stillen Sway Bars -- Es14 Spring -- INGS+1 lip -- CF Spoiler -- GTR Start Button -- VLED Parking Lights -- PWJDM V2 shift knob

Last edited by christian370z; 03-27-2011 at 12:27 PM.
christian370z is offline   Reply With Quote