Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #140 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Personally, I love the noise. It's all part of the character of the car. Nissan spent a considerable amount of time and money finding ways to keep the weight down (i.e. aluminum doors, hood, trunk) and make the car stick like glue in the corners. I won't be touching mine.
However, I do sympathize with those who want a quieter ride. I'm lucky in that when I want a quiet drive I take my Jaguar XK8. That car is all about refinement and luxury.
I guess I'm just saying every car is built for a reason and IMO it seems counterproductive to try and turn a car into something it isn't.
Well I think the roads have lot to do with it too. The roads in RI are bad and even when I cross into Mass. I notice a difference. But I am happy with the car now that I have made some serious dents in the noise level and I bet the total weight is less than 100 pounds which is very small percentage wise and I can easily make up my leaving my wife at home! Keep in mind we are talking about tire on road noise and not engine noise..
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote