View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
Sure: 50/50 of one pass with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound on a 1991 Saab 900 with just a Lake Country white pad and a PC, after IPA wipedown.
Yes, one pass. And your results drop substantially with every pass you make. Eventually, you'll come to point where you will not see any positive results and then you'll be forced to pick up a product that will actually do something. Who wants to make 100 passes with a OTC product when a professional product can get you there in 10?

Quote:
I know that is a big marketing ploy for Adams, but come on.
Marketing ploy? Really? Millions of Americans have lost their jobs to cheap, overseas labor, a situation that Adam Pitale is very passionate about. To call it a marketing ploys demonstrates how much you know about the man and his loyalty to the American worker.

Quote:
I don't know if you have tried all the detailing products out there, but Chinese companies produce clay for Automagic which is one of the better clay bars available.
I would LOVE for you to produce proof of that claim! That I want to see!

Quote:
Mytee carpet extractors are made in China, Chemical Guys microfiber towels that I have found to be consistently higher in quality compared to large brands such as Cobra. I'm sure there are more.
I have found that the best microfiber on the market today comes from Korea. That stuff out of Chin is no where near the same class. I have experienced first hand how brutal China made microfiber is to today's finishes.

Quote:
You know that Apple produces the bulk of the parts for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod in Taiwan and China? I don't see quality issues there. I lived in China for 10 years, the quality of most products is distinguishable compared to other countries I lived in especially with more and more environmental, labor and production regulations that are in place. They produce a large percentage of raw ingredients that find their way into most products, even if they are made in the USA.
Again, we're talking detailing products, not computers (which happens to be my area of expertise).

Quote:
There is no doubt about that, I was mainly arguing that you cannot make a blanket statement like that with no substantiation. It applies to certain things, but saying that all Chinese products are inferior or over the counter products are not up to par is wrong.
I never said all Chinese products were not up to par, I said their detailing products Are not up to par. That I can easily prove. I think that your 10 years in China have skewed your perception of quality. I can pick up something that was made in America and then switched to China and there is a distinctive difference with those to items.

You can have your China products but I will choose to stick with American made when I can. Who knows, it may be my own job that I'm saving.