View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 02:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
christian370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z/Saab 900se
christian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
If that was the case, why are there detailers making money off people who can't?
Because some people don't have the time, patience, or will to do it themselves. That doesn't mean they can't if they were to try.

Quote:
So there are some cases where over the counter products can't hold a candle to certain boutique products? I agree with that too. I would like to see you use some over the counter products to tackle some of the stuff that I linked too in my intro thread.
Sure: 50/50 of one pass with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound on a 1991 Saab 900 with just a Lake Country white pad and a PC, after IPA wipedown.

Quote:
We're not talking about "something", we're talking specifically about detailing products. Nane one detailing product that is made in China, that is superior to any of the made in America products that I use. Name one!
I know that is a big marketing ploy for Adams, but come on. I don't know if you have tried all the detailing products out there, but Chinese companies produce clay for Automagic which is one of the better clay bars available. Mytee carpet extractors are made in China, Chemical Guys microfiber towels that I have found to be consistently higher in quality compared to large brands such as Cobra. I'm sure there are more.

Quote:
Pretty much every "made in China" thing that I pick up is cheap in quality and performance. It is made there for a reason. Cheap labor and poor quality control. You get what you pay for when dealing China made goods.
You know that Apple produces the bulk of the parts for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod in Taiwan and China? I don't see quality issues there. I lived in China for 10 years, the quality of most products is distinguishable compared to other countries I lived in especially with more and more environmental, labor and production regulations that are in place. They produce a large percentage of raw ingredients that find their way into most products, even if they are made in the USA.

Quote:
You can achieve perfect results with a few over the counter products depending on the severity of the damage. If things were as you state it, body shops would not bother spending the money they do on the quality products they use. They would do their shopping at Wally World. So why don't they?

They know that for the most part, you get what you pay for.
There is no doubt about that, I was mainly arguing that you cannot make a blanket statement like that with no substantiation. It applies to certain things, but saying that all Chinese products are inferior or over the counter products are not up to par is wrong.
SP Rays -- RE-11s -- SpecialtyZ Tune -- Swift Springs -- Stillen 25R Oil Cooler -- Stillen G3 Intakes -- Berk HFCs -- F.I. 12" CBE -- Stillen Sway Bars -- Es14 Spring -- INGS+1 lip -- CF Spoiler -- GTR Start Button -- VLED Parking Lights -- PWJDM V2 shift knob

Last edited by christian370z; 03-27-2011 at 02:40 AM.
christian370z is offline   Reply With Quote