View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Staples
Track Member

Drives: '08 Infiniti G37s
Staples is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthulu View Post
Howdy folks.

Was out earlier today at Atlantic Motorsports in Gaithersburg, MD where I had them install the Berk high-flow catalytic converters on my Z. I had them do a before and after dyno on my car so we could see what the gains where, if any.

My Z already had the Stillen cat-back exhaust, and I don't have any dyno numbers for that add on. This is just "pre" and "post" Berk HFC with a Stillen exhaust.

DynoBefore | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

DynoAfter | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I have to say that I am pretty stoked to add almost 8 hp and 6 ft/lbs with such a simple upgrade. In addition to the power increase, the sound is amazing. Very little rasp at all, just a solid baritone note that is subtle at idle and wails at full throttle. Install went smooth; just one broken bolt.

Nothing but good stuff to say so far; I wish I had done this upgrade sooner.

EDIT: trying to get the dyno charts to load up in the post... grrr...

In any case went from 289.6hp and 243.8 ft/lbs to 297.2hp and 250ft/lbs. Very impressed with the flat torque curve of this engine.
Yeah the guys at AMS are really cool. They did my original tune on my Cobb unit and they have a pretty high reading dyno, I ended up hitting 335whp in 40 degree weather. Dan really knows a lot about the VQ motors and tuning in general.

Last edited by Staples; 03-26-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Staples is offline   Reply With Quote