View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Masa
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Family Cars
Masa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin View Post
Had the same brand on my black Z too. I also had one on my IS350. I have decided NOT to get them anymore I paid $600 for mine and while it keeps most chips off, it is a giant pain in the azz to keep clean, bug guts if not removed immediately discolor the plastic and no matter how careful I was I'd get wax along the edge that was difficult to remove. For $600 you can get a quality respray in 5 years IF you keep the car that long and it really gets chipped up. For $60 you can get a large Dr Colorchip kit that will effectively cover up 95% of the chips you get.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good product I just want to present some other options.
Yea same here... I had a clear bra on my GTI and Civic Si in the past and they DO work but... unless you plan on wrapping the whole car I just don't see the benefit. It definitely keeps chips off and protects the paint but on a daily driver you will get random headaches like door dings/dents or etched in bird poo you are powerless over. I just came to terms that a daily driven car will never be 100% showroom condition, just drive it and enjoy it! Don't get hung up over little things.
Masa is offline   Reply With Quote