View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #33 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddanis60 View Post
I had a c5 coupe for three years. It was wayyy more comfortable but then again i am 6'5. i loved the feel of the v8 and it got better gas milage then the z. but i didnt like how old it was getting and how many were starting to appear on the road as the c6 sold more and more. had a ton of room in it tho both driving and storage. being a part of the vette family was amazing if thats your thing.

all that being said.. i didnt like daily driving it when i had to. i dont think its very practical as a dd but i know a lot of people will disagree.

i drove a s2k for 6 months and as much fun as it was.. if your over 6'2, look for a different car. just saying..

was wanted to add my 2 cents..
You made a lot of good points. The C5 is becoming "more pedestrian" and finding its way into highschool/freshman college kids hands more often.

However, the C5Z is the performance bargain of the century. Low 20's gets a nice one. High 20's, mint. The regular C5 is no slouch, running low 13's@105+ and pulling nearly 1G with good tires, brakes are good, and you're right, 30mpg on the highway is awesome for a 346ci V8.

Being a part of the 'vette community is nice. It's like an all-access discount card/source of inside info to all things relating to your car. Lots of cohesion to the community.

I plan on buying a C5 for my DD in a few years probably. I have been tempted to buy a clean C4 for a DD, but everyone has such bad things to say about those regarding durability, etc. and I love the LSX series like no other, so I will probably pass.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote