View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 01:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
You do know that the Zune has pretty much the exact same functionality as the Ipod and all the other portable mp3 players, right? Your analogy is flawed.

I own an iPod, but the only reason was it had the largest amount of storage space available at the time (80GB). I replaced the hard drive a year ago with a 240GB drive. I didn't give a **** whose name was on the front, I just wanted a decent piece of hardware that would be reliable. All this brand loyalty ******** is just silly, way too many Apple sheep around that just buy everything that starts with 'i'.

The less competition the worse it is for a consumer. Competition is what drives down prices and pushes innovation.
I mean smartphones are gonna slowly replace the functionality of iPod-like devices just like early cell phones took out the pager a decade ago. I haven't carried a music player since I got a Droid and more telling is that none of my kids carry dedicated music players anymore either. Ipods are soon to be buggy whips.