View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
9Zs_Ed
Base Member

Drives: 10 Rdstr Trng Spt 6M
9Zs_Ed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfweber View Post
Can you compare some of these you've owned?

where does Nissan go from here?

what do you think the next gen Z will be like?

I want more power-an aluminum V8 would be great

love the handling-this is my first Z

welcome welcome

can we see some pics?
Your guess is as good as mine. I have heard turbo rumors since the 350 came out. I think that would be more cost-effective than a V8.

As far as comparisons of my "fleet" are concerned, let's see:

1973 240Z - Dark Blue with white interior (vinyl). I put a big racing strip up the hood, across the roof and down the back. I thought that looked cool. Three years later it didn't. Not a lot of power back then, but it still seemed to be pretty quick. Sticker price was $4300, which is what I paid. Two years before, used Z's were going for more than new ones cause people didn't want to wait. This car had 2 SU carbs and a SEVERE problem with vapor lock.

1976 280Z - Silver. My first car with AC. Fuel injected - bye, bye vapor lock. It was definitely more refined than the 240.

1978 280Z - Burgundy - More refined yet. First 5-speed.

1979 280ZX - Black with gold time, limited edition. I LOVED this car. Had something called the GL package (Grand Luxury). Cruise Contol, a REAL stereo with home-style controls, diagnostic display, velour seats, power windows (with driver's side auto up and down -revolutionary for the time. It was a LOT heavier and some of the zip was gone. The Z was growing up, but so was I.

1982 280ZX - Burgundy with red interior. I should have never got this car, it was just BLAH, should have kept the black and gold. But, in 2 years...

1984 300ZX - Black and gold again. First 300, full digital instrumentation - that was REALLY cool. First car with T-Tops. First car with leather. Even more sophisticated, but not much zip. I drove this car to California to sell it to a friend.

1987 300ZX - White with burgundy interior. Nice car, more rounded body styling.

Then I went into several years of Acura Legends. (2 of them)

2003 350Z - Lemans Sunset touring. Back to the roots. The quickest Z I ever had. However, I learned that it's not such a good idea to buy the first year of a new model. I had the tire growling problem and got a new set of tires on Nissan. I traded in this car because I had a bad hip and couldn't get in and out very well. I got a 2008 Subaru Legacy GT, that was actually quicker than the 350.

Now I got a hip replacement and a 2010 370Z Black with charcoal interior - Sophisticated AND quick!! First convertible and first with a built in GPS. I'm looking forward to enjoying this one as much.

Sorry, I have no pics of the fleet. Not sure why...I guess I didn't really mod them and pics of all these are easily available online.
9Zs_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote