View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Masa
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Family Cars
Masa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgd View Post
The problem is the financial institutions are stingy and say I have insufficient credit for a loan like that. What bull.

Best advice in the thread!

That's pretty much what I'm afraid of. Not sure I would want an older with 50k+ on it.

Why is there such a fluctuation of prices on the s2k? And the is there any variation in the 2004-2009 models?

By the way thanks very much for everyone's participation

Regarding your S2k questions:

1999 - 2003 -> AP1 S2000's
These had 2.0L engines that revved to the sky. The rear window on this model was plastic and tended to fade/cloud over time. General consensus is this first generation was more raw and harder to drive than the second gen models.

2004-2009 -> AP2 S2000's
The displacement was upped from 2.0L to 2.2L. Power remained the same but the torque was increased. Redline was lowered. Suspension was tweaked and was more livable/easier to drive. AP2's also had minor cosmetic mods/different/larger wheels. Rear window was changed to glass also.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some other things too so others feel free to chime in.
Masa is offline   Reply With Quote