View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #32 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
what exactly are you trying to do? a lower profile tire helps in cornering usually, but it doesnt help you in a straight line if you are already lighting up the tires in 1st gear. a smaller tire will make your car feel faster, but you have to be able to get traction.
Makes sense; lower profile will be less able to absorb road vibration, so more squirleey in a straight line. I'm not using to having straight line traction issues -- haven't driven a high torque RWD car in ages -- so I'm more used to focusing on cornering

Driving plans: 99% spirited DD driving, with an occcasional autox in the mix.

So, that said, given the choice between OEM spec tires in AD08 or the alternative I was considering of 245/35 F and 295/30 R, which do you recommend?

I wish advan had 285/35's like the RE-11's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
i actually track my car, i can tell you you should stagger your tires to a minimal and never run wider front tires than the back. i have done it before, scary.....
Do you recommend a square set-up, or try to maintain approximately the same ratio as OEM for rear to front, with the rears being wider, natch.