View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiko71 View Post
Thanks to all for the feedback...Makes you think doesn't it.
To clarify (which I should have done in the beginning)
1. My mission is to kill ponies on the open road. MI has tons of mustangs with mods and it is something my G could never do
2. Also want to get from house to my boat (60 miles of freeway) quickly. I am able to navigate most of the traffic with my current G, but want to a have a true sports car help out.
$50K budget is lifetime wife imposed cap on the car (purchase + mods)
I know I could likely get a different car, but I am and always will be a Nissan junkie, and I work directly with Nissan North America as part of my job.
I plan to name the car "GTR JR" if that gives any indication on what I would like to do.
It seems that for my purposes, the roadster is out, as structural integrity seems to be an issue.
As I already have a car to drive, the base model is where I will likely start.
New vs used????
"Low Milage"...how many miles is considered safe/the threshold?
I imagine under 20K?
Thank yoou so much to your feedback...it has been invaluable.
I am still looking for more opinions/options, and I promise to keep a journal of how and what I do...may proove useful to other potential owners!
Kotaba!!
Hmm. I thought it was just the nwer 5.0's that were significantly faster than the Z's...?

Why not just buy a 5.0 or new Camaro and mod that.

Alternatively, you could probably get a used GT-R.

Or, if you like the Z in particular, go with the suggestions we gave

And if so, please don't call it a "baby GT-R" -- it's not! The Z cars have their own brag-worthy heritage as proper sports cars