View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
realneal370z
Base Member

Drives: 40th An Ed 370z
realneal370z is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust sounds...

Hi guys.

I'm forgetting any power gains but purely talking about sound. I'm after a stock(ish) or larger diameter tailpipe look and a deep exotic sound and no rasp. I don't fancy non-rolled tips or blue burnt look.

It's my only car and therefore a daily driver so mustn't be defeaning or droney. I have come to the conclusion that stock exhaust must go because it is in danger of sending me to sleep and have narrowed it down to Tanabe's Medalion Touring y-pipe back or Stillen's CBE. I want to feel like I'm driving the fast car that I am.

This is the Tanabe
YouTube - 370z Tanabe Touring Medallion Exhaust

(Stillen vids are everywhere but there are very few that are just CBE. Most ppl tend to go with HFCs - is that because it's very quiet?)

To import to the UK they are exactly the same price but I need to make a decision. I know Stillen is without much doubt the most popular but what about the sound!? Has anyone heard both and have an opinion on how they differ? Say, volume, depth of sound, rasp. If anyone knows decibels that's be great!

I'm still open to other options but these two are my favourites so far.

It'd be great to hear people's opinions... I just don't want to import an exhaust and be disappointed. Must say Tanabe is possibly my favourite.

Cheers

Last edited by realneal370z; 03-25-2011 at 01:50 PM.
realneal370z is offline   Reply With Quote