View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #30 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what cossie is talking about on the lower aspect ratio in the back -- the shorter sidewall should mean less flex and therefore more responsive cornering but possibly harsher vibration in a straight line, so maybe that's it?

Curiously, no diameter info is provided for the 245/40/19's on the Tire Rack site (see link above), although the calculator gives the same number as Tire Rack for the 245/35 and 295/30 tires

If the front is wider than the rear (whether or not yours actually is), I think that would bias the car towards oversteer rather than pushing -- no?

I think I'm going with these tires next and just need to decide on either OEM dimesnions or go with the 245/35 F and 295/30 R.

Thanks for the input